Tuesday 10 February 2009

The Final Product and thoughts..

Well at long last after many many attempts at producing my 30-50 second animation I think I've cracked it. I'm still not happy with it might I add, but I feel that this is one of those things where I could probably go on trying to tweak it here and there forever. Personally I'm quite self critical of it. For example the numbers 1-10 appear in random order dotted about, sometimes barely even noticeable, but I missed a couple out and didn't realise until it was too late! Though for anyone else watching it, it's not something they would pick up on - I hope. I drew all the illustrations myself and then vectored them in illustrator. This is something I'm very picky about. I don't feel I have created them to the best of my ability and I also feel that some illustrations are stronger than others. Perhaps this is something I could go back and try to work on in the future. I'm pleased with my limited colour pallet and feel that keeping the illustrations in just a black outline worked well. I tried to work as best I could with the audio. Again this was all new to me, so I don't think I managed too badly to say it was my first attempt. I don't think animation or working in After Effects is one of my strong areas within graphic design though, so I did find it rather challenging. However I did come away with a feeling of proudness having being able to produce something rather than nothing! I would have liked to have made it a little more complex and animated my illustrations a little more. However I felt that I needed to be realistic and I didn't want to over complicate it too much for myself when I was such a novice to using the After Effects software. It was very much trial and error - more error than trial in my case..

So here it is, the one and only.. Enjoy :)



Might I add... It took my 5 attempts to get this on here!!

No comments: